Wednesday 30 October 2019

Ochenta y cinco

Almost all I've wanted to do today is sleep, so I give thanks for fitting in as much as I could of that. I give thanks the second most pressing urge has been to eat copious quantities of filling food - as this means my doziness is unlikely to be anything to worry about, just hibernation mode on a severely wet, windy and chilly day. I was going to say I give thanks for using the hospital's heating while I was there but I was in one of the cold seats by the giant units blowing out extremely fresh air so, although I must have felt the benefit of some warmth from somewhere else, I was also grateful for providing myself with a cashmere cardigan, a scarf and a little fleecy blanket.

I give thanks for Clive coming yesterday to put up the last bits of picture rail that can be used for now, and for a pleasant hour or two in his company. For him pointing out the pile of whipped up sea foam on the road and bottom of the brook... It's amazing how that happens sometimes! For imagining I might go up a ladder either this morning or tonight and apply a little filler on the joins and screws...  before painting... before the decorator chap comes next week. This was clearly a wild overestimation of my current potential powers, but hey ho - I'm grateful I did throw together a simple pasta dish before I left for treatment so all I had to do when I got home was heat it through

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics