Friday 4 October 2019

Cincuenta y cinco

Mmm... I give thanks for filling a plain omelette with cream cheese and chopped chives last night, and serving with sliced new potatoes, leeks and peas. Highly recommended, though I don't recommend tipping the whole plate upside down and spilling everything on your lap, leggings, socks and living room carpet! There's a question in the PIP assessment about your ability to convey food (reliably) to your mouth...Mate, I can't convey anything reliably to anywhere, and just herd stuff hopefully in my chosen direction and see what transpires. What transpired in this was half a meal available, slightly fluffy and stone cold, after puzzling for some considerable time how to move at all without making the mess much worse. Ugh!

I give thanks for a bucket to soak clothes in, and enough clothes not to have to deal with it today. For dealing with today which, after another unspecified 'night' passed in a blur of fatigue and poorly concealed ill humour at the lack of peace and space and privacy which is normal for patients on the ward and obviously the way things have to be, but which I find very wearing sometimes. I give thanks I was so exhausted I managed to get a bit of sleep anyway - including in the taxi on the way to the hospital!

I give thanks though the last couple of days have largely been about damage limitation, I am cautiously optimistic that tomorrow, within my many limitations, I might try doing something for pleasure for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics