Thursday 31 October 2019

Ochenta y seis

I give thanks for a visit from Cathy who I've not seen for several months. For her offering to treat me to lunch  - always welcome though the suitable menu offerings round here tend to be rather limited and my brie and cranberry sandwich was so heavy on the cranberry I couldn't taste the cheese! For finding the cygnets she hasn't yet seen to ooh and aah over and for a wander around the shops together. Those who know me well will be aware this activity is not usually on my list of favourite pastimes but it's a fairly short main street and to be able to get as far as the health food shop and back without a rest on the way was another milestone passed.

There are a few rather swanky clothes shops here now (including one selling Joe Brown's...woohoo!) so we had a look in those, plus a rummage in the charity shops where I was grateful to find something more in my price bracket and hopefully loose enough around the arms to push up sleeves on treatment days. It's a bit of a challenge finding suitable clothes for a chilly mortal this time of year.

I give thanks for dodging the worst of the wet, and for water in the swollen brook leveling out enough to stop worrying about the other nesting swan. Most especially though, if rather selfishly, that the rain has been draining down the guttering and pipes and not coming through my walls!

I give thanks for a snoozy sofa based couple of hours afterwards my social excursion..and when in the kitchen for cooking again discovering you can not only freeze fresh ginger and turmeric root, you can grate it while frozen and put it back again too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics