Tuesday 15 October 2019

Sesenta y seis

I give thanks for being out to lunch today in more ways than one, after a combination of exhaustion and well timed medication led to some decent sleep, a lingering mellow feeling and the stamina to very slowly make it up the street. See, that's what a healthy diet does for you - desire for replenished stock of red lentils and porridge oats forced me all the way to the health food shop, via sunny rest stop seats of course, for which I was very grateful! It was really quite tropical out there when at times...


I'd promised myself cafe refreshments if I managed the trek to recuperate for the walk back home, and though I would have done this alone, I gave thanks Jo was free too so we could have a nice catch up chat with many chuckles. For figuring out beforehand the cafe menu was unlikely to be full of kidney diet choices, and having a proper cooked brunch so a cream tea would go down well...especially with my finances, as I'd left my bank card behind and was short on cash in hand.

I give thanks for finishing my WCA form and booking my flu jab before I left home so I felt extra virtuous and deserving. For and for the sound of the washing machine churning away - music to my ears it is - and fine weather to assist drying even indoors.

I give thanks for leftovers heating for an early tea as all of the above was quite exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics