Thursday 10 October 2019

Sesenta y uno

I give thanks for going gentle into that bad night - my magic pills are useless for muscle and joint pain but they are good with mood, so you get less worked up about it. For knowing a cultural reference when I write one (or two!) and for the interesting stuff I learned about in my Open University studies. For remembering the time when being awake all night probably meant some kind of fun...

The thing that hurts my back second most badly is lying down - on any furniture or surface - and the one that outstrips it in agony is standing up and walking again when I have, although eventually this does help the pain subside. Obviously the rest of my body would prefer some horizontal rest, not being on my feet or sitting bolt upright on a hard chair all night, but I give thanks for using an early morning session of the latter to fill in a few sections of my Work Capability Assessment form, and another around Dawn to watch some catch up TV. Also for enjoying Professor Marston and the Wonder Women in while under the duvet again. Most of all though I was grateful I could sleep late when eventually I did manage to drop off...

I give thanks as a change from murders I've been watching a lot of cookery related TV. It's unlikely I'll start following recipes but a couple of ideas for using the few ingredients I'm allowed in different ways have popped into my head lately and some of them have turned into rather nice food...including roast cauliflower and chickpea soup for tomorrow's tea which tastes pretty damn good though I say it myself! For kitchen creativity being something I can do without getting dressed, and with frequent breaks between the stages - sometimes to think what the next one might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics