Wednesday 16 October 2019

Setenta y siete

I give thanks for the time my mojo spent with me yesterday. She's not been around much lately and I enjoy myself much better when she is!

For finally putting my mini paella pan to one of the purposes intended... neither of which are paella funnily enough! My first attempt at tarte tatin clearly failed at the caramel stage but of course as usual I was working without a recipe and used too much butter. Tastes fine though, and I was amused to see, when I sat down after to watch Bake Off, that they were making savoury ones and that my mistake was in good company! I give thanks for memories of a great trip to Newcastle with Jan where the dish came from, along with Breton crepes in the fantastic (and very cosmopolitan) indoor market!


Today I've been grateful that a flurry of mixed media messages back and forth have resulted in a man agreeing to come tomorrow morning and climb up through my living room ceiling and the Velux window in the roof to see if it's debris in a gullet up there that's blocking the gutter or downpipe and causing a damp patch on one of my walls. For half making stew for my tea before I left for treatment today so there wasn't much kitchen work to be done and I could focus on clearing the stuff on the desk that will have to be moved for him yo get up there.

For telling a taxi driver who puts my name on the end of every thing he says that I'd really rather he didn't...and him good naturedly taking this on board so we ended up having an interesting conversation and finding lots in common instead of him asking lots of questions and me clamming up because his conversational style grated on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics