Wednesday 23 October 2019

Setenta y cuatro

I give thanks for plenty of opportunity to practice being a patient patient today, particularly on the way home when the traffic was at a standstill on the usual route  and the exasperated driver did a uey and decided to try another way, and then another, and another... as it became clear that all roads leading even indirectly south were chocka whether major thoroughfares or quiet residential streets in between. I give thanks for seeing a lot more of the city than I knew existed, mostly at a slow enough pace to fully take it in, and for a while on a narrow lane, backwards as much as forwards! For my sense of humour and philosophy rubbing off on my companion so that on arriving here after an hour and fifty five minutes rather than thirty to forty, he thanked me for being good company...and I him, because that side of things could have been a whole lot worse! There was also a rather lovely stormy sunset sky to enjoy and some atmospheric fog coming over the top of the woody hill.

I give thanks for savoury leftovers to microwave and a frozen pastry to put in to bake as I was far too hungry to wait to cook when I got in. For heaters to turn on, plus a wooly White Stuff tunic from ebay being much nicer than I imagined, and just right to pull on while I waited for them to heat me up. I give thanks I had plans for this evening, but for not minding too much if I abandon them now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics