Saturday 5 October 2019

Cincuenta y seis

Who pays the ferry man? We do, we do! I give great thanks, after grievously missing the big one that crosses the deep blue sea missed some weeks ago, that today I got to pootle about on little ones that serve a rather scenic city canal with Jan. I still wasn't sure up until 7 am today if I'd actually manage to do it - pain in the night making it seemingly impossible, but by getting up extra early for it to ease I was able to do the decent thing and honour our long standing agreement

I give thanks for the assistance I couldn't have done it without from through trains and my trusty fold up walking stick which I don't use for walking as much as for support when standing or trying to after sitting down! And for my true grit of course, by Jove I needed that...

I give thanks for the very great pleasure of Jan's company, for both finding perfect lunches very reasonably priced in the same laid back place, for lots to enjoy at a snail's pace and surprisingly mild and sometimes sunny weather to make a snail's pace (including lots of stopping for rests) more viable and pleasant. For brilliant busking drummers twitching our toes when we were flagging waiting for the ferry back to the station...and for psychic hedgehogs which I can't explain but which will spookily entertain us for as long as we both shall live!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics