Saturday 26 October 2019

Ochenta y uno

I give thanks for years of practice at dealing with things going repeatedly wrong. The day before yesterday the bloomin' bathroom blind stopped blinding again, and last night a steadily growing damp patch appeared on the wall where allegedly the problem was solved just a week or two ago. I guess the fact that fixing these things is beyond the capability of my own fair lily whites does help me to be philosophical. Accept the things you cannot change etc...though there are quite a few things I could have changed I just didn't get round to today, and I give thanks for at least trying to be philosophical about those too

I give thanks for hunger and a desire for hummus eventually driving me from my cosy hibernation. The revamping of our local Co-op is coming on a treat and they have loads more stock in already including, I was pleased to see, the kind of foods that interest me! The veg aisle has still to be sorted so I have thanks the new health food shelf had some of the Free and Easy canned meals I've been meaning to try for a while. Apart from the lolling about in between I've been quite energetic with chores today will be grateful for less food prep later.

Finally I give thanks for turning on the TV as I settled down to lunch and (on one of those rather irritating programmes where people show off how much money they have to spend on property!) seeing shots of the not at all irritating Carding Mill Valley visited when my body liked walking as much as my soul. A very beautiful spot indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics