Thursday 3 October 2019

Cincuenta y cuatro

For the bright crescent moon in the darkening pastel sky the previous two evenings, and for tonight's stay at home cosy murkiness.

I give thanks for Hippychick bedding that feels like flannelette but has a waterproof core. Usually when I've had cause to remember to give thanks for that I've been grateful for my washing machine too, but with mine out of action until a week on Saturday I was very grateful I was able to give thanks for Julie's instead... Also for her doing the lion's share of bed remaking as stripping it had been a touch traumatic to a still tender back.  I give thanks for a whole host of other helpfulness from her too, including enthusiasm for some dairy free biscuits found in the convenience store across the road.

I give thanks for trying to keep pottering about with odds and ends of chores myself despite little motivation or energy. For resolving to keep remembering there's not really such a thing as a bad night any more - there are just nights. Maybe if I do that they won't seem quite such hard going when they are going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics