Tuesday 7 January 2020

Done

I give thanks for the lovely misty drizzly weather today! Apparently some folk weren't keen but I thought it was great, partly due to the treat of being out in it, not on my way to or from hospital but to order some new specs to replace the ones I trod on a while ago. Even I agree it is a bit murky for my photochromic ones...

My back has been very sore after rashly putting a coat of paint on a couple of pieces of wood so I was grateful for a long sit down when I got home...on hold to the DWP to ask for a proof of benefit letter...twice, as I got cut off the first time just as I was connected to an advisor. For taking advantage of having to start again by having a late large leftovers lunch between attempts, and for finally succeeding. In these days of so much personal data accessible in so many ways, it is mystifying that even if you win a battle for benefit you still have to prove to other agencies that you have by means of a phone call and a hard copy letter.

I give thanks for being rested enough after call two to attempt to buy Cheeky Panda loo paper for the second time today, having been told in the first shop the second would have it. This turned out to be a terminological inexactitude, which I found somewhat exasperating, not to mention exhausting, but at least the pharmacy had found and processed my missing prescription and I could return my library books! I give thanks for also remembering to buy batteries for a gift I got earlier, having randomly (but quite correctly) decided to look in a very non-gift shop sale for an unusual something for someone. I give thanks for also remembering to put them in the parcel just before I sealed the box right up!

I give thanks for a pleasant and productive couple of hours with Clive  getting some odd jobs done or at least moved further along to done-ness. Having someone else working does spur me on but I've completely run out of steam again now and am grateful I don't care the vacuuming is only half finished, and the dirty dish elves have been creating mucky crockery again. I give thanks Cauldron sausages are calling. I can just about stay upright long enough to cook a couple of those, I reckon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics