Friday 24 January 2020

Faulty

I give thanks for having a spare five minutes during treatment today and deciding to double check that BT fault raised with engineer appointment for tomorrow hadn't disappeared into oblivion like the last one... and it had, so I was grateful I had thirty five more to spend mostly on hold trying to sort the situation out! I've used up my monthly mobile data package in less than two weeks so this is getting expensive as well as irritating, plus I now have to wait until Tuesday for someone to come out and (I hope) get it fixed. I give thanks for being in a different side room today with better WiFi than my usual retreat and for trying as hard as I could to do what I could before I left the building, including starting writing this and downloading some episodes of Netflix series I've been enjoying when I can.

Later it dawned on me I should be grateful for now having the whole weekend to do what I want when I want (within usual limitations of course), and actually I am. Two days 'off duty' is such a blessing, and I have plenty of stuff I'd like to do that doesn't involve websites, like working on my will without the distraction of browsing ebay! I give thanks after a long sulk my laptop finally agreed to turn on which will help with that.

I give thanks for a chat with one of the chaps working in downstairs next door while I was waiting for the taxi driver to stop hiding round the corner. They are finding and removing asbestos which was hiding behind the wall panels and ceilings, and despite the tedious racket they can't help making they seem to be good sorts not least because of their lush Geordie accents. They are in the bingo bit but there has been work going on all along the amusement section of the terrace. I came over all optimistic again when there was an Openreach van parked outside my door when I got home and talked to that chap too. Apparently cables had been damaged during the renovations so I rushed upstairs to see if my own service, or the local hotspot had been restored during the repairs but no such luck, so back to the knitting I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics