Friday 31 January 2020

Springy

I give thanks for coming home on a Friday with my dialysis week all done. It's not been a bad one - I've had the side room again and been attended to by some of the staff I find it easiest to converse with, only had one blood pressure plummet and have generally renally felt quite well, but oh it's good to have two days off!

I give thanks, though leaps and bounds would be a slight exaggeration, the progress made on doing up the flat this week has invigorated me to do more of what I can when I can in between various body parts arguing the toss, the better ready for when further assistance arrives. For coming home and working on some not too demanding tasks before my tea...and for a very undemanding tea! For the wonders of a freezer, and the many items there are available to fill one up these days - a freezer and or an eater!

For spotting crocuses, daffodils and primroses peeping so far this year though not a snowdrop...until I spent an entire taxi ride peering at every garden, hedgerow and bank and finally caught a glimpse of one weedy clump today. I feel cheated if I don't have a really good eyeful of these lovely flowers at winter's end and must put it on the non-decorating/shopping/health related to do list to try to find some more as soon as I can.

For Richard Coles on Antiques Road Trip. I only watch it if it's people or places I like and I like Richard Coles and Scotland very much! For having Don't Leave Me This Way to hum while grovelling on the floor to touch up a bit of skirting board...and remembering being young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics