Friday 10 January 2020

Heavy

Yay! The fit and early rising neighbour who usually puts the bins out managed to put them out on the right seasonally unusual day... I'm very grateful our rubbish and recycling is under control again as it was piling up outside, and inside too as no more would fit in the containers. I give thanks for having the strength and motivation to get some shopping before leaving for the hospital today, and also bring the empties in, which is quite enough effort for me.

For the print shop across the road being open so I could get some of their good value lightweight (per sheet but not per pack!) copy paper so I didn't have to carry it far. I've run out of flimsy stuff after sending so many letters, photocopies and bank statements over the last twelve months and it seems such a waste using the heavier better quality sort. For the bright and surprisingly mild sunshine, and being picked up in a people carrier so I could see over the hedgerows on the way to the hospital. For a particularly delicious packed lunch...food is irresistible just now and I'm beginning to wonder (but not yet worry) if I might overshoot the three kilos I lost to the flu...

For a nice quiet treatment and an interesting chat on the way home with a driver I've met before but won't see for a while as he's off to India for three months motorbiking with his son! For him understanding the concept and practice of a gratitude diary. He also said 'twelve years?' in an incredulous tone which made me realise how incredible that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics