Wednesday 22 January 2020

Prepared

I give thanks I'd only just started prepping tea for Rachel and I this morning when she advised she was going down with some lurgy and, as I'm advised to avoid such things, we agreed we'd better postpone. A treatment would have been very welcome, along with her company and decorating skills, but after recent ordeals and a restless night it was also very pleasant to take it at a slower pace this morning. I also give thanks for lots of chopped leeks for the next few days' meals - they are my pretty much my favourite veg so really this is no problem!

I give thanks for my day otherwise passing relatively smoothly, and for a bit of a shared rant with the lovely dietician about communication failures after she'd turned up to do a test on me on Wednesday when I wasn't there, and the replacement test that was done on Friday was done by the wrong person! I'm also extremely grateful none of this related to my intake of potentially noxious substances as I'm extremely careful about what I eat though in an apparently rather casual manner. .. For a restorative nap after I was set up on the machine, waking up to the sound of the tea trolley en route to my room. Result!

I give thanks for feeling better this evening than I have done since Friday morning before the shenanigans began. Even my sore arm is much improved after keeping it still for a few hours. I've just been using it to start prepping tomorrow's tea along with tonight's, just in case the improvement in general wellbeing doesn't last... or I think of something else to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics