Sunday 5 January 2020

Down

Last night I was wondering where my mojo is when my mojo's gone - is she moonlighting as someone else's confidence and creativity and strength? I give thanks for thinking I'd mind being without her a lot less if I knew the benefits were being bestowed elsewhere. Also for remembering post viral depression is a thing, and even people who don't have shed loads of other stuff to get them down can suffer from it...

Part of the cause is apparently the slow return of energy so that one is struggling to do what needs to be done, let alone what might be pleasant to do. And that can be a struggle for me at the best of times, so I give thanks for just keeping on trying to keep on looking after myself extremely well, without wearing myself out.

I give thanks for finishing my jigsaw late last night, including grovelling around on the floor searching for, and finding, the missing piece. For the interesting blurb about how the man who took the photo came to do so, and how he collected the subject matter. For making myself a late great breakfast this morning of a batch of pancakes with lemon and sugar...and some little buns this evening to go in lunch boxes this week. For finishing unpicking the sleeve hems of an old dress I want to alter to wear for dialysis, and hooking the pieces of rag I cut for my rug - both planned for the Christmas break but abandoned when illness struck. I give thanks I didn't cut any more as my hand seized up at the end!

I also give thanks I didn't put up as many Christmas decorations as I originally intended...as this meant less to take down today, and the amount there was was quite arduous a task as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics