Wednesday 1 January 2020

Fictional

I give thanks for the midnight fireworks. Oh, I know they frighten animals and birds and people sometimes too, but I woke up wondering what time it was and I heard them and I knew! It was too late to get out of bed and try to watch, but there were loads so I'm grateful lots of other folk must have had the pleasure if they were so inclined. For remembering Happy New Years in times gone by when I was rather sad.

I give thanks for making inroads into unglamorous chores today - sorting out food gone bad, smelly sinks and laundry etc in manageable instalments. For lots of fiction in various forms in between because real life seems to be rather lacking in charm. For the wonders of social media - and windows - to show me actually it's carrying on quite pleasantly for other people. It's good to see all the places they go and the experiences they enjoy, and all that optimism.

I give thanks I'm not one for random resolutions on an arbitrary day - I think we should be resolving to be evolving as best we can as often as we re can remember. For reminding myself to stay in the present moment many times, and for opening the rest of my Christmas presents!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics