Wednesday 29 January 2020

Rural

I give thanks for finally getting round to watching Boyhood last night, two or three years after recording it and another year or so after realising it was filmed with the same actors over twelve years. Amazing! I also give thanks for the stunning landscapes though it made me rather sad I won't be taking any state crossing road trips in this life time at least. For a discussion with the matron attaching me to the machine about the hospital wards named after county rivers...leading to a discussion about favourite local runs (him) and walks (me) and for the memories of these. And then for the taxi driver who picked me up remembering I like a scenic drive and bringing me home the way you get to see the big estuary, a bit of a sunset and some wonderful woods as darkness fell!

I give thanks for finally mastering turning off the overhead TV...and in the process, which involves stretching my arm right up as well as standing on tip toe, my sleeve gently rubbing off the last of the snaggy glue on my little wound.

I give thanks for a long overdue visit from Rachel, and all the joys that entails including a restorative acupuncture treatment, swapping stories and items surplus to requirements, a rather nice risotto made by me that was tasty and soothing to my sore mouth and tongue, and some helpful painting of high up bits of wall by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics