Thursday 16 January 2020

Mejor

I give thanks signalling problems last night caused my train's arrival to be delayed by more than 30 minutes as this meant I should be able to claim some delay repay. I wasn't grateful when some glitch in the system meant I couldn't claim last night but today's cancelled trains mean more form filling was required snd luckily my tricksy internet let me download them to print when I finally got home to fill in by hand sometime soonish.

I give thanks, after having it pointed out that better people than I just accept delays as part of the adventure and don't bother hard pressed train operators for a few pounds, I decided to claim anyway. Psychologically and philosophically I accept travel chaos just as I always have ie fine, but physiologically I need to be in better shape to withstand draughty damp delays and unplanned changing trains/platforms/modes of transport, which is why I was relieved to be able to book one through train in the first place! If these companies offer to pay you back some of the money you spent in good faith on a service suitable for your requirements, it doesn't seem to me that wicked to accept. Maybe the size of your bank balance helps you decide as well as your moral compass..

I give thanks after a rest I was able to go and get a bag of extra groceries as I've no idea how late or exhausted I'll get home after the two treatments tomorrow. For some nice canned Amy's Kitchen lentil soup for a quick late lunch  a long hot bath and a cosy snooze in bed. So far I've been too tired and sore for the chores I hoped to get done before I leave for the hospital tomorrow at an as yet unspecified time...so I give thanks no matter how old and broken I might feel the night is still relatively rather young!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics