Wednesday 15 January 2020

Living

I give thanks for another day feeling I'm living not merely staying alive. For a cup a cup of tea in bed (woohoo) and a lift to the station for mini adventure number two visiting Jan in Birmingham. For the glorious winter sunshine this morning on the glorious winter countryside on the journey, and for thinking how blessed I am to be travelling on routes outside my normal routine. I never forget how much I need this to satisfy my soul but as it's do hard to arrange these days I try to keep the yearning firmly suppressed until I can.

I give thanks for the way I find a little holiday releases extra energy, partly due to the novelty of ways to use this precious resource and partly due to the reprieve from the wearing and decidedly not novel daily chores and duties. For a leisurely stroll to a vegan cafe for a good lunch and a taxi ride back to Jan's for a relaxing afternoon chatting to each other and her many furry friends of various colours and sizes. For the 'delayed' train back to John and Jo's setting off on time after all, and having a handy stable internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics