Saturday 4 January 2020

Bleak

All I really want at the moment is food and rest, so I give thanks for trying to strike a balance between the two as it's an either or situation! For trying to play catch up with the washing up too as that just adds to the exhaustion and sense of futility..

I give thanks for beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel of dirty laundry, and for managing to get outdoors in daylight hours to my local Boots pharmacy. For lots of seats to rest on along the way, and for still having some left of the pills I went to pick up as they denied all knowledge of the prescription that the website shows as issued two weeks ago. For stopping off at the Co op afterwards for some of that lush cauliflower and lentil curry to supplement my currently feeble catering. For feeling pleased with myself for making the effort, though a bit shocked what an effort it was...

Feeling also rather bleak spirited I give thanks for watching programmes with lots of chilliness, including George Clarke's exasperatingly amazing Finnish spaces  and a moving documentary about the last of the Greenland hunters who made a real igloo out of the increasingly rare right kind of snow. I'm grateful this might be the ideal mood for rewriting my will which was on the to do list for tomorrow, but I suspect I might be short of the right kind of will for that task the way that things are going just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics