Friday 17 January 2020

Patient

I give thanks for waking up feeling well and energetic. I'd felt pretty rough last night but it seems it was just getting cold and damp yesterday and using more energy than I had set aside...not having a day off dialysis on Wednesday. Phew! I give thanks for being up and functioning early(ish) and thus ready when the taxi arrived earlier than I thought it might. For surviving the tedium of another human being keen to tell you what they think is wrong in the world, what bad things have happened to them or they have heard about. Actually there were two, as the member of staff who disconnected me from the machine had a similar personality! I give thanks for remembering people can be however they choose to be...

I've only had intermittent internet access today but I was grateful for some nap time on ward 1, where they also started my treatment pretty quickly to speed me on my way though it was still quite a rush to get across the hospital to go and wait in Ward 2. I give thanks for being very patient when the new patient assessment I'd avoided before turned out to be a very lengthy process...and for staff being patient with me when I insisted on having the wording on the forms explained to me before I signed them! I give thanks for the oncology nurse understanding my humorous but somewhat jaded attitude and for getting the cannula in first time - always a bonus! My taxi home has long since departed without me so I give thanks for being able to continue with this while my treatment goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics