Wednesday 26 July 2017

A splash of colour

I give thanks for remembering to do my shiatsu this morning. I'd been lolling in bed late with a book before another blood test and nearly forgot and it's easy to let things slide when you miss once or twice. So far the only day I haven't done the stretches was kayaking Monday but as the instructor said (probably trying to work out why such an unlikely character as myself was quite so enthusiastic) that is a very Zen activity so I figure I kind of got both exercise and meditation...

I give thanks for remembering to check the roof leak containers this morning. Bizarrely they've not been filling over the last couple of weeks and I was beginning to wonder if a seagull had been struck by lightning in the last big storm and had collapsed and filled the hole. (Yes, it's strange inside my head but I think we knew that anyway, didn't we?) Whatever was actually the reason it has now, quite reasonably I suppose, started leaking again so I was extra extra grateful to receive a Section 20 intention notification from the management company regarding fixing the roof. We can nominate companies to approach for a quote...so if anyone local knows a good roofer please let me know!

I give thanks for picking up a bottle of shampoo at the chemist when I went to get a prescription filled. I don't need any and it's not a sort I'd use, but quite often when I go in there I get one of their £1 items to put in one the food bank collection points because a) they are so kind and helpful and do free deliveries if required and b) I know what it's like to be very short of cash. Today I was on the way to library where one of these is sited so it made particular sense, but I also envisaged a conversation with one of the staff about what I was doing to spread the word...and that was exactly what happened. It was almost as if it were one of those slightly awkward scripts when a presenter or character on TV says 'Well, I'm glad you asked me that...' and goes into a promotional speech!

I give thanks for a cup of tea and catch up chat at Mima's and randomly encountering Julie in town. Not only was it nice to see them both but they both expressed some interest in kayaking with me in calmer waters some time!

I give thanks for working on a colourful tube scarf in case I get to go anywhere windy this autumn...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics