Saturday 29 July 2017

One man's meat

Ych a fi! In the interests of combatting anaemia today I tried a cold roast beef sandwich. At least that's what it said on the packet but when I opened it it smelt just like the cat food I had to give Molly when Mima was away and my throat clenched in disgust. I give thanks I'm used to being anaemic and most carnivorous kidney patients are too, so after half a slice, heavily disguised by half a tub of coleslaw, I'll put it down to experience and give up on that idea. I give thanks Mima (or Molly) can have what's left...

I give thanks for trying a Pilates class this morning. I survived that much less scathed - we did the Child pose here and there, which I love, there was tea and cake afterwards as well. I give thanks for a charitable donation we could take some goodies home for later...just the thing to help me get over the traumas of the flesh!

I give thanks for the neighbours being worryingly quiet this afternoon, but deciding not to dwell on why and curl up on the sofa for a snooze as well, cosy under a blanket as the rain pattered against the window panes. I give thanks they're stirring now so I might risk putting the TV on, and maybe open a couple of parcels I hope contain purchases that will please.

I give thanks for putting a heater on for a little while as well as there's a lot of damp washing about...and it really is rather nippy even wearing a chunky cardigan.

I give thanks that Jo has learnt to left hand crochet after all these years of wishing she could. How wonderful that must be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics