Friday 21 July 2017

Talking Irish

I've a soft spot for a Celtic accent, and am a sucker for a bit of charm, so I give thanks for this morning's call re further BT billing horror being dealt with by sweet talking chap from Belfast who really did have me believing he was on my side...while it was beneficial for him to do so of course. For a while I monitored call handling skills for this company and I know how much better you do with both customers and management if you can convince you give one! The Irish obviously have a headstart at sounding like they care...as do Northumbrians (don't they pet?) and, while I'm busy finding stereotypical regional fault, Devonians and Brummies sound like they haven't a clue, Londoners like they're not interested...and you can't understand the Scots and the 'overseas colleagues' well enough to be able to tell. I've caused a lot of offence over the years unintentionally so I guess I'm quite grateful for having a go at doing it deliberately for a change. Rachel was working on my hun on Monday, which is a Traditional Chinese Medicine term to do with spirit, but I chose to believe she was activating my inner Atilla!

I give thanks for the sound of the rain hurling itself against the double glazed windows. Such a cosy noise! For a bit of a lazy lolling day catching up with some recorded TV and beginning what should be a simple sewing project. For a pot of homemade broccoli and stilton soup for my tea which, though I've extracted as much of the potassium as I can (including a chunk of both the broccoli and the stilton) still tastes remarkably good.

I give thanks I wasn't too lazy to do my Shiatsu earler...nor too tired yesterday after a tiring day. That's what...Ten days in a row? Already it seems as if I can feel some strength and suppleness returning and that my posture's improved. I may be kidding myself but it's a relatively harmless self delusion compared to some I'm sure... I'm surprised how well my joints seem to to be taking it so far. Of course they could be biding their time for some seriously bothersome backlash but if so I give thanks it hasn't started yet.

Oh and I give thanks for a lady calling back about my bill and saying she was putting a credit on my account for all the extra money I've spent over the months I've been trying to sort out a reduction. She sounded trustworthy and practical...but she could have been talking Yorkshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics