Thursday 13 July 2017

Larks and owls

I've been having trouble dropping off to sleep lately so I decided to try a hypnotism video on youtube. I give thanks it certainly induced an interesting mental state...and that after enjoying that for a couple of hours I tried something far more tried and tested - getting up to raid the biscuit tin!

I give thanks for finding a page which will play you different garden bird songs to match them to what can be heard when the gulls and pigeons pipe down. Apart from gulls and pigeons and a couple of corvids the only birds I can identify by sound are larks, owls, cuckoos and curlews but unless it's the middle of the night or the middle of the countryside there's not a lot of those around...

I give thanks for wearing a new dress for the first time and thinking how airy it felt around my legs...before realising at the communal doorway this was because it was tucked into my underwear! I give thanks for managing to deftly retrieve my dignity before the cleaner arrived on the threshold from the other direction. I give thanks for the cleaner cleaning...and for telling him so which he seemed to appreciate.

For giving in to a craving for Opium. It's a kind of knitting yarn that I liked the look of when it first came out but couldn't decide what small thing (it's not cheap) I wanted to make with it...until last night...and today I went forth and discovered a ball of plain in the £1 basket at a knitting shop in town. Then of course had to work out where to get a ball of the the multicoloured...one bus would take me close to a shop where I was fairly certain they had some...and another to a shop where I had no idea. So as I was by the bus stop I waited to see which bus came first, which turned out to be a late one to the mystery shop...and they just what I was looking for! As this was an unplanned excursion I give thanks for coping fairly well with the pet hate noises of people eating crisps and sweets in my ears, instead of pet sounds on my mp3player. For grabbing a couple of other items on my shopping list in another store and walking straight on to the bus back home...


I give thanks for the fabulous clouds not raining on me. For Actipatches for my aching places when I made it back here again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics