Monday 10 July 2017

Normal service

I give thanks for feeling OK today, neither my spirit nor body too sore. For sleeping better and, in another patch of neighbourhood quietness, doing my Shiatsu stretches for the second day in a row. I'm not as stretchy as I used to be of course, nor as bendy, but I figure that's as much lack og practice as anything else. Many years ago for many years I used to do them pretty much every day but twice in a year now is pretty sensational! For a little meditate as well. That isn't quite as rare as the Shiatsu but not nearly as frequent as I'd like it to be partly because it's seems so much harder when there's noise nearby...though of course the less you do it the more noise there is in your head as well. For a paddle on a tropical beach in a guided visualisation...

I give thanks to Jenny for giving me a lift to knitting, and for having a bit of a natter with the ladies there. For reading some interesting articles my death row penfriend sent me about the science of mind over matter... and finally getting a long overdue reply to him written and sent.

For a lot of research forming a little idea that something I've wanted forever and I thought might be completely impossible (for ever, not just for now) might actually not be so after all. The trick now being, of course, to have faith and hope that it can happen, but not put so much faith in it I lose hope if it does not...

For one of the most gripping tennis final sets of a tennis match I've ever seen taking up a large chunk of the evening as it was also one of the longest. There are lots of ways one can lose one's attachment to the illusion of reality when there are things one finds hard to bear...and for me classic, epic, shout at the TV tennis (even if the neighbours can hear you) is right up there with the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics