Saturday 15 July 2017

Meadow sweet

I give thanks for getting my earplugs in snugly last night the better not to overhear one set of neighbours enjoying life on a summer's evening, another set not enjoying the first set enjoying themselves and the canine contingent vocalising their various views on a dog's life...

I give thanks for Mima offering a slight escape today taking me for a swapsies picnic lunch among the dunes including the traditional flask of tea and a seasoning of sand in the sandwiches. For the weather being more pleasant than the forecast had foretold but not so good we couldn't find a little spot on the beach for a quick paddle. For a swapsies session of some surplus non edible items afterwards...always pleasing to please yourself and other people this way.


I give thanks for the frangipane fragrance of fluffy meadowsweet, delighted to find several of probably my favourite hedgerow flowers blooming in the nature reserve...and then discovering a whole meadow of them! I've never seen so many together in my life!

I give thanks for a nap on the sofa, more leftovers heating up for my tea...and that I must have done a LOT of cooking earlier this week without really realising. For something new to try on TV tonight - a Spanish thriller on BBC and for a Nordic Noir novel I started this morning and could hardly put down if that doesn't hit the spot...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics