Thursday 27 July 2017

Living the daydream

I give thanks for the smudgy sunset last night, visible out of opposite facing windows apparently all around the sky.

For feeling well and cooped up...which, though not my favourite sensation, is far better than ill and in need of incarceration. For nobody phoning and telling me otherwise...so going out to look at the recycled seafront sculptures instead. For managing to get a few reasonable photos despite the fact the hummus oil has pretty much destroyed my camera's LCD screen and it really is a case of point and shoot - without being at all sure exactly what you're pointing at! Think this piece is both stunning and emotive...made with timbers from a fire at a very old hotel. Some of the trees grew in the 1500s and it's called Hope & Renewal...


For the steam rising off wet tarmac when the sun came out after the rain, and the surprise of cold drops landing on my bare warm skin as I passed under trees. For a guitarist breaking into 'What a Day for a Daydream' as I walked by the practice hut.

I give thanks for epic dreams the last few nights...all kinds of wish fulfilment and wondrousness including a beach appearing in front of the terrace with bands playing on little sandy islands just off shore.

For discovering the work of Jon Ronson. He's the man who wrote the book The Men Who Stare at Goats which you may, as I did, know as a film...but I didn't realise this until I read another of his books in which he researches psychopaths. I'm now enjoying a compilation of his observational journalistic tales of human strangeness. If I can't be physically out of here I need pretty much constant distraction from reality instead and a lot of people he writes about seem to enjoy interesting interpretations of it themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics