Sunday 16 July 2017

How To Fix Your Wife

I give thanks for a good long sleep last night. It's strange when you think about it that the part of your life you don't consciously participate in is so very vital. I give thanks though I was conscious of having had nightmares they were the mildly amusing kind that spring from an unusually inventive mind. In this case falling foul of a religious cult run from tea rooms by members easily mistaken for stalwarts of the WI...but in between the flowered china and pastel handled pastry forks were leaflets entitled 'How To Fix Your Wife' advocating total subservience to the male of the species, particularly their leaders, one of whom provided musical accompaniment on a banjo with an astonishingly lengthy neck. I really should consider therapy - I'm denying some psychiatric professional an interesting session or two!

I give thanks my buttocks and knees are confirming today what I suspected yesterday ie. walking up soft sand dunes with a loaded backpack might seem like a pleasurable activity but is actually quite hard physical labour! For remembering my twenty something year old self training for my 300 mile trek going up and down stairs with concrete in my rucksack. For remembering my twenty something self. Tell you a funny thing. When I do the Shiatsu I feel just like her again. I give a lot of thanks for that...

I give thanks for earplugs to facilitate meditation...and enjoying an enthralling book. For giving the sinks a vigorous scrub...and watching the white of a fluttering butterfly against the dark greens of the trees. For sending a thought of the Alhambra to someone. I wonder if they received it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics