Saturday 22 July 2017

Subtext

I give thanks for the return of a subtitled series called Dicte - Crime Reporter which, being Danish, contains plenty of hygge along with the crime and the reporting, storylines of the rather endearing character's lives including sorrows, sex and humour...sometimes all at once! As the neighbouring characters had more going on in their own lives than I, I give thanks for wireless headphones...Dicte phones, maybe?

I give thanks for going into the kitchen late in the evening and realising I'd done all the washing up and tidying earlier, but had forgotten after getting caught up in the plot, so that it was a nice surprise. For sleeping surprisingly deeply. Sadly, sometimes that's the best bit of the day...but as long as there's best bits eh?

This morning it felt like there weren't going to be any, you know? As if it would be a day of weepily wimping about places I'd like to go and people I'd like to see and various other stuff that wasn't to be - like a big hug and a bit of hygge! So I give thanks for the bits that weren't...

I gave thanks for having at least a rudimentary grasp of the principles or Buddhism so I know the foolishness of attachment...and for a well timed heavy shower I could go out and do the must be done stuff in the rain which I love (but am not attached to - sunshine is fine as well!) For the utterly empty beach and mud sludge coloured sea fading to turquoise, just me and then one lone surf life saver popping back for a dip after training. For deciding not to go to the Post Office...and it turning out the only mail I'd hoped to receive (a second hand novel) had turned up here in error. For reviewing the lightness of my purse and deciding to ditch the idea of a taxi and slog back up the hill carrying something for the foodbank, another second hand book and a bargain bucket bunch of flowers instead...


I give thanks for getting this written early as I've so many wonderful things to do this evening I won't have a moment to spare. Haha! Not really, just thought it best to get it done in between the mopey bits. And to see if you would read to the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics