Tuesday 24 April 2018

Anyone who had a heart

I give thanks for the surgeon being very pleased with my how my fistula is working...the nurse, however, was full of instructions about what to do if it stops, and reminders that now it's installed they'll be wanting to start using it soon. She made me think of the hospice home care nurse who kept telling me I must accept how ill I was... I give thanks I don't share their attitude, and that, as usual, everyone is astonished by how well I seem to be at the moment despite my medical past and apparent future.

I do get tired, and I give thanks for being able to have a long flop with my coat on when I arrived home before summoning the energy to make a mug of tea. There's been a lot of plodding between doorsteps and bus stops today but a lot achieved as well... including a detour for a brief business meeting in a town in between, finding a couple of birthday presents for Bob and a couple of items to improve my present existence. I decided to have a look in the large British Heart Foundation shop in the city and found myself very taken with a very new looking second hand sofa...which appealed even more when I lifted the seat cushions to see the state of the upholstery and found a fold out bed mechanism! There was also a little drop leaf table, which...as is the way of these things...becomes a little larger with very little effort and was something else on my mental shopping list. Not only were these reasonably priced, they can be delivered...and stored until I want them to be. So I was VERY grateful as I'm sure you can imagine!

I give thanks for the music in my earbuds on my journey and the scenes that caught my eye...including flocks of  monochrome children on a vast school playing field and the bright bracts of pieris glowing in the gloom and drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics