Friday 27 April 2018

Tougher than the rest

Um...

Hmm...

OK...sometimes it's easiest to work backwards...

I give thanks for finally waking up enough this evening to think about things I've been grateful for...

I give thanks for the relief of sleep that preceeded it...I'd been resisting the need all day after after being awake most of the night and oh what bliss, when five o'clock came and, though the important phone call I'd been waiting for didn't, I could crawl back under the covers.

I give thanks for my bed, and its covers! For rest easing some of the physical pain and mental stress that has been besetting me.

I give thanks for my prescriptions being ready to pick up, and for the NHS. For the rain not coming through the hole in the roof in my part of the premises...and for it ceasing altogether when I had to leave them.

I give thanks for the wonderfully rough and tumble sea. For the people next door finally turning their extractor fan off so my head's stopped buzzing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics