Friday 3 December 2021

Capable

I give thanks for a bowl of not homemade soup and a snooze on the sofa soon after I got home. For people just doing their job but managing to act as if they actually care about me. This is particularly precious right now when I'm finding it quite exhausting taking care of myself... For Michelle trawling the local shops for Werther's to suck when I can't manage to eat, Rob the ex matron and I making each other laugh at the end of my treatment and Charlotte, who spent some time arranging for me and the antibiotics to finally get together on Wednesday, coming to check that in fact we had. 

For the weekend ahead to rest and recuperate after a much busier few days than I felt capable of managing. For an appointment for further investigations next week (already!). I'll worry about that nearer the time. 

 give thanks for a text conversation with Jan last night leading to me remembering the delights of Edward II playing in Mid Wales in the 80s plus numerous other gigs, parties and festivals I enjoyed there. I'd almost forgotten that once I had a life...and spent quite a lot of it dancing!

For my bed made for me with clean linen and my bathwater waiting to soothe my aches and pains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics