Friday 24 December 2021

Distracted

I've been on my own for loads of Christmases, on my own and ill for quite a few. I've had outpatients treatment on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day but being a patient in hospital over the season is a new experience for me. So grateful it's a ward where I feel relatively at home, and that I had no festive plans! 

For the kindness of the staff in trying to accommodate the seasonal 
emotional needs of poorly people with partners and loved ones...along with Covid compliant precautions. One lady is being moved to a side room so her adult children  and disabled husband can all visit at once. I have to make do with some joking with the consultant on her rounds but that's still welcome. I give thanks for the no nonsense but gentle way she breaks bad mews, and for her passing on the message that the renal unit team have been ringing to wish me well. I give thanks on the whole the workers seem to have been having an enjoyable day, exchanging gifts and so on, even if sometimes this means their jolly makes them rather rowdy and distracted!

For a mid-line averting a crisis when even the vascular wizards failed to get a cannula into my elfin veins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics