Tuesday 21 December 2021

Turning

I give thanks for Sandra in the endoscopy appointments office. She has been so helpful and accommodating of the complications of my particular circumstances and we finally came up with a plan B for my procedure to take place next Thursday afternoon. I give thanks for Julie who gave the thumbs up to collecting me afterwards as I expect I'll feel a little (more) battle weary. For her coming this afternoon popping to the shops, doing some domestic chores and cheering me up with our usual rambling chatter during which she realised she could also take me to the appointment too as her work day ends in time. Oh you don't want to be hanging round I said... Oh I don't know she replied, I can always go to Waitrose. Fair enough! It's always much nicer being with a friend isn't it?

I give thanks for almost finishing clearing out the festering food in the fridge. It's quite a battle convincing myself throwing it way is unavoidable at the moment and I shouldn't feel guilty. I'm very grateful we have a kerbside food waste collection and that it's put to good use anyway.

I give thanks I have been given some Christmas presents. I've been a bit lax this year (once again I think I'm excused but I'm so grateful I managed to give a few as well. For Julie being able to raid my mosaic stash box for some last minute gifts too - unless she keeps them lol. No greater praise than that really is there? I love it when people appreciate my work.

I give thanks it's the Winter Solstice and for the turning of the year. For remembering clapping in corners and resolving to do some soon, maybe after turning over for a quick pre bedtime nap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics