Sunday 12 December 2021

Neglected

I give thanks for bedside lighting when night time physical pain or stressful thoughts need some respite from the dark. For starting the sat feeling relatively OK despite increasing signs the infection I was prescribed antibiotics for is taking hold again, eventually managing to get dressed and wobble to the Co op and veg shop - just in case I start  eating properly again. At the moment, as the bug gets settled in, even water's not staying put! I give thanks a bonus of this is I've been  able to stay on top of the washing up, despite mostly lying down with the to do list in my head lying crumpled and neglected too. 

I give thanks for a number of Police related programmes last night - the sort with tunes not truncheons! Ah the happy nostalgia of the early hits, but also I was surprised and grateful for a selection of pieces from The Last Ship - a work that completely passed me by but which proved to be in turns moving informative and joyous with very talented musicians and singers including, rather unreasonably surprisingly, Jimmy Nail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics