Thursday 16 December 2021

Low

Oh the joy of waking up and realising it's not a hospital day! I'm grateful for all the NHS try to do for me, but my goodness it wears me out! Feeling extra weak and low in every today I've particularly appreciated the opportunity to take a lot of it lying down! 

For Repair Shop at Christmas, that was sweet and the skills and charm of the repairers are always impressive. 

For finally getting the obsolete Economy 7 wiring removed, one switch removed and two turned into sockets to minimise trailing extension leads. I must've been asking the wring people at first as they kept ignoring me, and when I got the right one he had a very very long work list. I'm grateful he was well worth waiting for in terms of quality of work, price charged, helpfulness and congeniality. It's not easy having strangers in your home especially when you're feeling poorly but heads me feel at home if you know what I mean.

I give thanks for the lower brook lights being on. I've seen Oxford Street and Singapore (not recently obviously) but a few coloured  bulbs reflected in dark water outside my flat windows is delightful enough for me these days and elicits little squeaks of pleasure.

I give thanks though I've felt crap I've not felt it's been a crap day. The trick is not to set your expectations too high.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics