Friday 10 December 2021

Cautious

I give thanks for rediscovering the knack of making soup from what's to hand. Last night's was originally chickpea and roast cauliflower (with onion, celery and garlic) but there were far more chickpeas than anything else so I added some barley for bulk and some frozen spinach I'd forgotten about. Hint of spice, liquidise (yep, I give thanks for that fabulous tool) and it tasted so good that even though I felt I couldn't eat anything a few spoonfuls went down a treat. 

Tonight I give thanks for managing a couple of crackers with cheese though didn't do well with the soup. As long as I'm eating something eh?  For snoozing during treatment while Miriam Margolyes read to me..and gradually thawing out on the sofa with a hot water bottle and my coat still on now I'm home. For Peter the taxi driver giving me my Christmas present (a poinsettia) early in case it  died before the day - better than giving it me early in case I do! He also took me to see some festive lights on the way home - always appreciated, and what a kind thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics