Monday 13 December 2021

Inadmissible

I give thanks for making it to the unit and making it home again. There was a time when I thought I might expire in less than ideal circumstances, and another where I was given the option of an inpatient bed. If things don't improve sharpish I may have to take that option but I'd prefer to avoid it if at all possible obviously. 

I wasn't at all grateful about having to go in early for routine renal appointments but I told myself it would be worth it to spend some quality time with the dietician and consultant and they were both very supportive and helpful and kind, the consultant prescribing a new course of antibiotics, going over to the main hospital to collect and deliver them and arranging a slightly earlier treatment slot so I didn't have to wait around too long. For the nursing staff doing their best to make things bearable for me and likewise my taxi driver.

I give thanks I managed to fill a hot water bottle before collapsing on the sofa and falling fast asleep. For a rich fantasy life in which someone is at hand to bring me a chamomile tea and cream cracker to try and an old washing up bowl if they fail. For knowing eventually I'll get them myself as mastering ingestion is crucial to maintaining my outpatient status. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics