Wednesday 1 December 2021

Canine

I give thanks for much helpfulness today - the HCA also currently suffering a urinary infection (and thus particularly aware of the urgency) phoning the lab about the results they'd supplied that didn't make sense, then a nurse phoning a doctor for a prescription...and then phoning the main hospital pharmacy to ask them to take the pills to the main hospital renal unit before they (the pharmacy) shut for the day as I wouldn't be able to get there in time after treatment. For the taxi driver taking me on a detour to pick them up. So pleased to be getting treatment at last for one set of symptoms, just got to try to stay awake to take the first one late as they are the 8 he variety. Or wake up at a suitable time to take them - all this bodily malfunction is very wearying

I give thanks for managing a cup a soup and some ice cream for tea - a huge meal by current standards and one (if it stays down) that might help slow my weight loss which is getting rather scary and leaving me so weak, wan....and c-c-cold. I give thanks for beginning to thaw out under a quilt with my coat still on and hood still up and a hot water bottle to cwtch up with. For my new specs being ready to pick up too, that should sort out a few other problems when I can get there. Tomorrow I have to go the other way though for something else at the hospital that fills me with dread but has to be done. I'll be walking down the corridor a bit like a dog on the way to the vets or for a bath - so slowly I'm almost in reverse. I give thanks the analogy makes me smile...and that I go to my bath most willingly! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics