Saturday 18 December 2021

Mammoth

I give thanks for the day in bed I've been promising myself for a while. Might not sound very festive or fun, but festive and fun is beyond me right now and when you've not been eating for a while it's a good way to conserve energy and slow weight loss. Also I'm aching and exhausted and so the rest is welcome plus it's cold so it saves on heating bills. And that reminds me I give thanks the Warm Home Discount has been applied to my account even though my energy company has gone bust. 

I give thanks for beds, mattresses, pillows, coverings and cosiness as required. Easy to take such luxuries for granted. For as many little naps today as my body has required. For Miriam Margolyes reading her autobiography to me and Sandi Toksvig writing one laced with history and the experiences of bus journeys for me to read to myself. 

I set myself one task beyond fulfilling my basic needs - finding lights and batteries for my mini 'mistletoe' Christmas tree, plus putting them on of course, and I give thanks that I succeeded. Tomorrow baubles maybe... but I'm also hoping to get dressed and get to the shop which is going to be a mammoth undertaking, and there's a lot of uneaten smelly food in the fridge to be disposed of so who knows what will be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics