Tuesday 7 December 2021

Recurring

By the power of...no, not Grayskull but Werther's!! I give thanks the storm abated and I made it there and back to collect my new glasses in rather pleasant weather. What a joy it is to be able to see properly again...I'm deeply grateful to the NHS for paying a hefty contribution to this and for the little burst of energy those little sweeties and there 23.333 calories give. I even managed to buy a Christmas prezzie and  a piece of Christmas cake for me. Yeah right I'm so going to be able to eat that but it's the thought that counts and I think about eating real munchy crunchy food a lot! I give thanks for partaking of a scrambled egg and a few Frazzles instead. They quickly dissolve so you've something to get your teeth but there's nothing to actually swallow!

I give thanks for a rather elderly lady tackling a much younger man on the bus about his naked face. He seemed unperturbed, didn't give a reason or excuse so I was also grateful she just said 'Oh well it takes all sorts doesn' t it?' and let it go.

I give thanks for leaving a message at the unit saying I'm not going in tomorrow and the lovely Matron Mel leaving me such a kind and understanding message in return. I'm saving myself for the delights of a barium swallow on Thursday which is more likely to be a barium regurgitation  methinks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics