Thursday 9 December 2021

Enchanting

I give thanks for Imee Ooi very pleasantly drowning out the constant conversation from the pair behind me on the bus. For beautiful patterns of cloud across the sky. For the sight of decorations in the windows of houses we passed, and the polar bear and cub in twinkly lights outside the main entrance to the hospital which always reminds me of last year when Julie came to pick me up after an inpatient stay and her car wouldn't start to get us home!

I give thanks for the procedure being far less traumatic and invasive than I had fearfully anticipated and the department staff being so reassuring and kind. For treating myself to the warmth and speed of a taxi home. For Julie collecting and delivering a Tesco order I'd clicked and for her being as enthusiastic about the cactus vase I bought her for her birthday as I hoped she'd be. For catch up and laughter and a couple of little jobs done for me

I give thanks there's just one dialysis day and then it's the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics