Thursday 29 August 2013

Blooming marvelous

And the thing is...if you can remember to notice and appreciate even the apparently little bitty things like I was doing yesterday, if you have a few moderately pleasing ones happen you're little short of ecstatic...

Like: Pancakes for a late breakfast, yep they make my tongue and tummy grateful even if my knees complain at the standing up sometimes! I've been surprised lately how many places are serving pancakes now, even a tiny caravan caff on a carpark with some market stalls. It's as if everyone has caught on at the same time...perhaps they've all been to France or know someone who has? It reminds me of a hot summer when I came back from Spain and in the space of a couple of weeks tables on the pavement seemed to have sprouted everywhere in Britain. Permission has to be granted for these but it was as if no one had thought to ask before! So I give thanks for us borrowing these excellent continental ideas...

or how about this story of a man's bequest to a south west seaside town
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/banker-millionaire-leaves-entire-%C2%A32-3million-fortune-to-coastal-town--sidmouth--on-condition-they-plant-a-million-flowers-160118835.html#B3d8BfB

And that the Co-op has decided to revamp its morning goods section including providing a fresh baked rye mix bloomer. Mine was still warm when I bought this lunchtime. Short of Paul Hollywood moving in that's about as good as bread can get!

While the eye clinic have been trying out some non-invasive ideas for my vision problem (stick with the non-invasive guys please!) I've been aware that I do still need to get some new glasses as a) my prescription has changed quite a bit which is another reason I can't see well and b) I've broken my close work ones. So I went to investigate what there was in the way of frames that were wearable but cheap in case they need replacing again soon, and came out with two pairs I liked which with my vouchers come to just ten pounds altogether I was very grateful indeed. One pair I looked at on the rack and thought 'Ooh, those are nice!' and then tried them on and still thought the same. I've been wearing specs for fifty two years and that's never happened before so am still in a state of bemused gratitude for the experience... Perhaps I just couldn't see them properly, ha ha!

I give thanks to Rachel for treating me so well, including giving me some basil tofu to try...wow, lovely stuff, like chewy pesto! I'm fortunate in liking the taste of many healthy things so it's not too hard to avoid the unhealthy but I'd never imagined tofu could be eaten straight from a packet with such glee. And while I was out I was grateful for the opportunity to exchange brief greeting with four separate goodly souls who live nearby, nicely reminding me that they are not all as challenging as some...

And this evening for sewing another foot or so of binding on the bodice of this top I'm making and want to get finished while it's still warm enough to wear. Adding darts to my pattern took a little while to get right. I understand the principle of making them pretty well but it's much easier to fit them to someone else's darty bits rather than your own!




1 comment:

  1. That Tofu sounds good! I always think of it having to be cooked up into something.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics