Friday 9 August 2013

Jourrney's bend

My mind said 'Ooh, let's go out somewhere today!' but my body said 'You're having a laugh...' So I give thanks for the other kinds of journeys I've been on instead! You're always on a journey even if you're just on the sofa with a pot of hummous and some pumpernickel...in fact hummous and pumpernickel is almost international travel in itself, and although I know there are dark implications I'm often very grateful for the globalisation of grub! Gratitude also for the meanderings of my mind...

I give thanks for getting up now and again and wielding the cleaning materials so that the kitchen and bathroom have gradually journeyed from murkiness into bright, and for being taught when I wielded cleaning materials for a living that one of the best ways to make a room with taps in look pristinely cared is simply to polish the taps. I give thanks for toothbrushes because when you've finished using them to scrub your teeth you can use them to scrub in corners and crannies elsewhere.

I give thanks that there are scrap sculptures on the seafront again. I took a few pics yesterday and will try to get down there again soon to take some more. Isn't this beautiful?


1 comment:

  1. I give thanks for the meanderings of your mind too. I do love popping in to read what it has to say. And that is a very beautiful scrap sculpture!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics