Saturday 24 August 2013

Wings

I give thanks to John and Jo for accompanying me to the Not the Dawlish Air Show where we saw a variety of aircraft perform a variety of manoeuvres in a variety of places that weren't Dawlish including: a comfy coastal spot at Sprey Point, the sea wall by Eastcliff, the hill opposite the golf course (where we had a private fly past from the stately Vulcan) and my kitchen window, outside which the performers about to display next were presumably tweaking their close formation flying in the stiff breeze before heading over to the waiting crowds. Either that or we're just very special...or both!

I give thanks for the wonderful sunshine and for the beautiful scenery it enhances, the Red Arrows extra red against the bright blue sky... I'm grateful also, if a little mystified, that once or twice I even managed to point my camera in the right place at the right time to take a photo or capture a video clip with moving aircraft in!

I give thanks for a tasty meal including home grown vegetables from my visitors' allotment, and help with the cooking and washing up. I give thanks for friendship...and for trifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics