Sunday 11 August 2013

Sun and hair

Woke up this morning feeling a little more lively and wondering where I could get to that wouldn't wear me out before I got there. Then Laura asked if I'd like to go to the RNLI open day in the gardens of a nearby stately home...so much gratitude for that especially as a bouncy castle was being erected in the communal gardens here for a children's party so it was set to be a screechy afternoon!

It's not the most colourful floral time for flowering plants but we admired the fernery before enjoying tea and cake by the lavender beds before a stroll round part of the lake...only part of it because it was a huge lake and had the most ducks on it I've ever seen in one place. We also saw a man with some of the longest dreads ever - past his bum - so an afternoon of superlatives!

I give thanks to Teignmouth Oracle for keeping us informed of local events. For the sunshine, still warm and enjoyable to be outdoors in. For the glorious coastal views on the drive home.  For a long flollop on the sofa when I got in and sorting out a small problem in my knitting caused by not paying enough attention last night...early to bed this evening for me I'm thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics