Friday 16 August 2013

Glory days

I give thanks for the mystery of the acupuncture treatment table. The needles go in and ideas flow from somewhere into my consciousness. Often it's stitchery related (maybe that's something to do with the needles?) but yesterday it was an inspiration about an appropriate activity for an upcoming occasion...sometimes you want to mark some right of passage, achievement or anniversary but a special meal or a party isn't always quite right is it? Anyway, thanks to Rachel too for her facilitation and enthusiasm and for helping me feel more healthy after yesterday's acupuncture too.

I give thanks for successful business busyness this morning, for falling asleep so soundly after lunch...and waking to find some more summer waiting for me to come out to play! Well, mostly I watched other people play but that was a laugh out loud delight as the back beach is a magnet on a hot holiday day for adults, children and dogs all milling about in and around the boats like a living Where's Wally picture. It's such a privilege to live somewhere where simple pleasures are appreciated. Today's sculpture was made at a Saturday group for families where at least one child has a learning difficulty. It's one of my favourites...and easier to photograph than the other one which won't stay still in the breeze. I give thanks for perseverance!


I give thanks for the big Co op not only having the things I wanted to buy, but many of them being reduced as no one else had done! And for my fridge having sprouting potatoes and out of date Elmlea waiting for a magic wand (otherwise known as a food processor I believe) to blossom into something Dauphinoisey that smells delicious and is ready for me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics