Tuesday 27 August 2013

Glass half something

There's been a music festival at one of the quayside pubs in town over the weekend that I totally failed to get anywhere near, so much thanks for the correct wind direction and quiet in the neighbourhood to appreciate the performers yesterday evening. There were some other performers nearby later who weren't nearly as much fun but I'm grateful to the police for coming to calm things down.

I'm grateful that Nutella comes in handy little glasses. I don't eat a lot of the stuff but just enough to replace the glasses I break!

I give thanks to Laura for taking me to the eye clinic and waiting patiently for around an hour and a quarter while I went through a barrage of tests to determine what might be the best course of action for my inward wandering gaze which is all very well at a metaphoric level but a nuisance in the real world(s). Plan A was to fit sticky back prism plastic on one lens of one pair of spectacles to encourage it to stay straight and to fit a kind of wide masking tape to the other lens of another pair to encourage the correctly working eye to rest when I'm wearing them at home. I'm very grateful to Jan for sending me the rest of my jewelry requests so that I have some things to wear that add to my beauty as well as those that add to my geek!

Also in my parcel post at Laura's were two lengths of fabric ordered on the internet which turned out to look and feel even nicer than I thought they might be from their picture, description and exceedingly reasonable price. I'm grateful for a gamble taken paying off...

And after all that excitement I'm grateful for a quick and easy tea made with goodies from my Bromley veggie box and some melted Reblochon...with some of Laura's left over crumble for dessert.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not knowingly by me! Love your comments Steph...

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics